WindowTop is FREE. However, you will not get the best from the free version!
The PRO version includes what we call “Pro Features” which will be released over time to people who have the PRO version.
In addition, unlike the PRO, the FREE version is for non-commercial environment only.
Only for 8.5$, You can use the key unlimited number of times on your computers, The key is have no expiration time.
Comparison between the PRO and free versions
Buy Activation Key
|Not allowed for commercial environment||Allowed for commercial environment|
|Save window configuration is not supported||
Save window configuration is supported
No need to manually enable every time some feature to the selected window.
Simple dark mode
Smart dark mode
|No new big features are expected||More features to come ...|
Comming next to PRO version (Currently available in beta versions only):
- Opacity Mode is now called Aero Mode / Smart Aero
- Added a blur slider to adjust the level of the Aero effect on an entire window
- Brightness – Control the intensity of the light behind the window. If the background behind the window is very bright, you can decrease the brightness intensity so that the text will be more noticeable
- Massive performance boost – Up to x3 faster and smoother on Full HD resolutions!
- On Aero Mode, texts now render sharper and are no longer black-or-white only
- Lots of other under-the-hood changes and quality improvements
- Show desktop only option
What’s included in the PRO version?
With the help of a very unique algorithm – Opacity Pro doesn’t provide just a simple opacity functionality.
It’s smart and knows to differentiate between what is important and what is not. It does so by processing every pixel of the window, and checking which ones are a part of a shape, image or background. Then, WindowTop divides the pixels into 3 layers:
Layer 1 – Backgrounds
Layer 2 – Texts / Shapes
Layer 3 – Images
Finally, the user has full control over the layers, and can set a transparency level for each layer.
In the following screenshot, we’ve enabled WindowTop’s Opacity Pro on a Visual Studio window, and set the transparency level of Layer 1 to the minimum.
Note that to get the best results, it’s recommended to set the window to dark.
As you can see – It done perfect job in this case! Note that if you want to get the best result, set the window to be dark.